Collection of personal data
There are a number of occasions on which personal data may be collected from you. These include when you:
- (a) purchase a product through our website;
- (b) you visit our website without making a purchase;
- (c) you provide us with your personal data for product registration;
- (d) you provide us with your personal data to enable us to send you email and/or postal marketing;
- (e) you participate in an online customer survey;
- (f) you return a product to us for refund, exchange or repair (g) you make a complaint.
Type of personal data
Depending on how and for what purpose we are collecting personal data from you, this will include one or more of the following items:
- (a) name, address, telephone number(s) (home, work and mobile) and email address of the person making the purchase and, if different, the recipient;
- (b) name, address, telephone number(s) (home, work and mobile) and email address of any person other than the purchaser of the product from whom we are asked to collect any part of the payment due;
- (c) delivery and billing address;
- (d) collection address (where a product is being returned);
- (e) credit or debit card details;
- (f) expected or actual date of birth and gender of the child;
- (g) information about any computer used to access our website (such as the IP address);
- (h) details of a complaint;
- (i) information collected when you visit our website (whether or not you make a purchase) by cookies or other internet technology as described in greater detail below.
You must ensure all personal data you provide to us is true and accurate when provided. You agree not to impersonate any other person or to use a false name or personal details which you are not authorised to use.
Use of personal data
We use the personal data you provide us with for the following purposes:
- (a) fulfillment of the order you have placed with us including processing your payment and delivering or making available for collection the purchased product;
- (b) sending you email and post;
- (c) processing a refund or exchange;
- (d) sending you information in relation to your product;
- (e) investigating and responding to any complaint or other correspondence we receive from you;
- (f) monitoring and reviewing our products and service;
- (g) administering, developing and improving our website;
- (h) analysing your browsing patterns to enable us to improve our website and your experience of it, including selecting and tailoring products, services and special discounts we think you will be interested in;
- (i) monitoring customer traffic patterns and website usage to help us develop the design and layout of our website;
- (j) to serve website content and advertisements to you;
- (k) complying with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act);
- (l) doing anything which is ancillary to or connected with any of the above purposes.
Until you opt-out, we may notify you about enhancements to our services such as functionality changes, special features and offers.
Disclosure of personal data
In order to fulfill the purposes set out above, we may disclose your personal data to the following third parties:
- (a) the delivery agent who delivers your product(s);
- (b) someone to whom you have asked us to disclose your personal data or who we have good reason to believe you wish us to disclose your personal data to (i.e. the recipient of any product(s) you have purchased;
- (c) any business we use for or in connection with any part of the order fulfilment process (i.e. the processing of credit/debit card payments;
- (d) any business that looks after or operates our computer servers which process personal data;
- (e) any party to whom it is necessary to disclose personal data in connection with any complaint or claim you make to us (i.e. our insurers or insurance brokers);
- (f) any party to whom we are required or entitled to disclose your personal data in accordance with the Act.
We will only disclose such personal data to any third party as is necessary to enable them to carry out the function or purpose for which it is disclosed (i.e. we will only disclose such personal data to our delivery agent as is necessary to enable them to deliver your product(s)).
By providing us with your personal information you consent to our processing your personal data for the above purposes. You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK, if necessary, for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure your information is protected.
The personal information you are required to provide when you register should be true and accurate at the time of completion. You agree not to impersonate any other person or to use a false name or personal details which you are not authorised to use.
Protection of personal data
We employ a range of technical and organisational measures which are intended to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
We require all third parties to whom any personal data is disclosed to keep it secure, treat it as confidential information and only use it for the purpose of providing their services and to fully comply with all applicable provisions of the Act.
Storage of personal data
Your personal data may be stored, used and otherwise processed within the UK and/or any other country within the European Economic Area (EEA). EEA countries are all Member States of the European Union and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
We may also store, use or otherwise process personal data outside the EEA. Data protection laws may not be as strong outside the EEA as they are in the EEA. Personal data will not be transferred to a country outside the EEA unless:
- (a) the country to which it is transferred is one which the European Commission considers to provide an adequate level of data protection; or
- (b) the personal data is transferred to a United States company which has signed up to the Safe Harbor framework; or
- (c) the personal data is transferred to a company which is required by our contract with them only to deal with the data in accordance with our instructions and to maintain appropriate security to protect the personal data which we are satisfied they have.
When you shop online with us you will be given the option to sign up for an account, where you will be given the option of receiving information from us by email or by post, about products, promotions and other details which we consider may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to receive such information, please ensure that you identify this in the appropriate box as you go through the registration process.
If you do not wish to receive further marketing information from us, please sign in to the your account page on our website and change your communication preferences.
Personal data request
You are generally entitled to ask us what personal data of yours is being held or processed by us, for what purpose and to whom it may be or has been disclosed. We promise to respond to your request within 40 days of receiving your written request. In certain limited circumstances, as permitted by the Act, we are entitled to refuse your request.
If you believe that any of your personal data which we are processing is inaccurate or incorrect, we ask that you contact us immediately.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website (i.e. cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services).
- Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works (i.e. by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily).
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you (i.e. greet you by name and remember your preferences).
- Targeting cookies. These record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 14 days.